Yukon Ski Marathon
Saturday, March 2, 2019
The Yukon Ski Marathon is an annual long-distance ski race based in Whitehorse, Yukon. A unique, point to point course links together trails in the Whitehorse valley from Mount Lorne Recreation Center to Mount McIntyre Nordic Center. Although the course terrain is not difficult, the distance and potential weather conditions make this an event suited to experienced Nordic skiers. The goal is for people to challenge themselves and experience the landscape around Whitehorse in a new way.
1. 50 km Individual Long Distance Mt Lorne to Mt Mac
2. 22 km Individual Short Distance Mt Lorne to Wolf Creek
3. Relay: Leg 1 22 km Mt Lorne to Wolf Creek
Leg 2 28 km Wolf Creek to Mt Mac
• STARTS: All skiers in 50 km, Relay Leg 1, and 22 km start at 10amin a single self-seeded mass start.
• TECHNIQUE: Classic and Skate are both permitted;
• GROOMING: Trails will be groomed by Pisten Bully and Sherpa. No classic track for the first 10km of the courses beginning at Mt Lorne due to narrow sections of trail.
• PUBLIC: The trail will not be closed to the public on race day, so be aware of other trail users – including snow mobiles, cyclists, and dog mushers.
• ROAD CROSSING: Skiers participating in the 50km race and Leg 2 of the Relay will be required to take their skis off and cross the Mt. Sima road.
• FEED STATIONS: 50 km event will have 4 feed stations; 22 km event and Leg 1 of the relay will have 1 feed station, and a feed station at the finish; Leg 2 of the Relay will have 2 feed stations. See map for locations
• SAFETY: Skiers are encouraged to bring extra food, water, clothing and/or wax to support yourself between feed stations.
Registration Dates & Race Fees:
All registration must be done through https://zone4.ca/.
Relay registrations – individuals register separately, and list your team name, the leg you are skiing and your relay partner’s name in required fields on zone4.
Early Registration: Jan. 8th – Feb. 24th $50 – all courses
Late Registration: Feb. 25th – 27th $75 – all courses
Registration closes: Feb. 27th, at 23:59
Registration changes after Feb 24th - $20 change fee. Contact email@example.com